Why Were You Born? – Finding Your Life’s Mission
In the first article (A JOURNEY TO SELF- A Definitive Guide to Self-Discovery) of this series, I shared how you can answer the question: “Who Am I?” with a simple mental exercise. The purpose of the exercise is to help you figure out who you are from the core- your passions and talents. If you took the time to do the mental exercise, then I’m almost certain that you have made some astounding discoveries about yourself. But it doesn’t end there, now, you have to ask yourself the second question: “Why Was I Born?”.
I believe that every single human being was created to fill a particular need in this world. I don’t care if you’re young or old, black or white, rich or poor, fat or skinny… you were designed with a purpose in mind. You were endowed your unique passions and talents to serve the world in your own unique way; in fact, no other person in this life or the life to come will, be able to do what God has purposed for you to do on this earth; it’s just YOU and no one else.
Below is another mental exercise to help you find answers. It will help you connect with your spiritual self at a deeper level and search its entirety for God’s intent for creating you… I call it: Your Life’s Mission.
Mental Exercise II – Your Life’s Mission
- Get a pen and sheets of paper.
- Write down the top ten (10) things about or in the world that you think should change or become better.
- Circle five (5) items on your list that you know your particular talents and skills will make it possible for you change or improve.
- Find a nice, quiet place where you won’t be disturbed for about ten minutes or longer. Sit or lie down in a comfortable position.
- Close your eyes softly and start taking a few slow and deep breaths- inhaling with your nose and exhaling from your mouth. Don’t force your breathing; let it come naturally.
- Think about the five items on your list and connect with them mentally. Try to merge items that are similar to form one. Continue merging till you have only two items, or even just one if it’s possible.
The two items you’ve arrived at together form your life’s mission. Those are the things that God brought you into this world to change or make better, and until you starting working towards that mission, you’ll never a feel fulfilled in life.
MY MISSION: To change lives, transform generations and inspire dreams through literature.
……to be continued (Friday, 8th September 2017)